[Solved] OpenCart: Unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW error
OpenCart is one of the simple and fastest eCommerce CMS. It has very compact yet featureful admin panel, everyone will love to play it. You can enhance the functionality using the vQmod module. However, sometimes unsupported or defective vQmod file may hamper the site. Of course, now we are going to solve the Unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW error in OpenCart.
parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /home/abc/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_controller_product_product_.php on line 307
The length of error message could be lengthy, but the cause is very minimal and simple to solve. Moreover, the error message with the directory vQmod has a sign of something not happening as expected. Especially in the vQmod module of Opencart.
In my case, the module named Option_resulting_price_2.0.2.xml resulted to this error. You might not aware of its existence as it mostly affects the product page. In other words, this error rarely seen on categories page or homepage. Thus, this error may mislead the user while debugging.
Debugging Unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW error
- Log in to OpenCart admin panel
- Navigate to Extensions > Module > VQMode manager > Edit > Disable Option_resulting_price_2.0.2.xml
- Clear the vQmod cache from Setting and Maintenance tab on the same page.
- Verify the existence of error by visiting your frontend store, primarily the product pages.
- If not, then use trial and error method via disabling the some vQmods
- If there is no error, then you can delete that suspected vQmod
We recommended that you should use authorised OpenCart vQmod modules. Easily available on an Official Opencart Extensions. You should read the comments prior to download any extension. That will give you very valuable experience shared by fellow users.
So, keep update this post by sharing your experience either positive or negative. It will be definitely helpful to other visitors.